- On Demand - pay fixed rate by hour (or second) with no commitment
- Reserved - provides capacity reservation with significant discount on hourly charge - 1 Year or 3 Year terms
- Spot - enables you to bid whatever price you want for instance capacity, providing for even greater savings if your applications have flexibile start and end times
- Dedicated Hosts - physical EC2 server dedicated for your use. Can help reduce costs by allowing you to use existing server-bound software licenses
On Spot Instances:
If they are terminated by Amazon EC2, you will not be charged for a partial hour of usage. However, if you terminate the instance yourself, you will be charged forthe complete hour in which the instance ran.
EC2 Instance Types
FIGHT DR MC PX:
EBS Volume Types
- General Purpose SSD (<10,000 IOPS) - balances price and performance for wide variety of workloads
- Provisioned IOPS SSD (>10,000 IOPS) - highest-performance SSD volume for mission-critical low-latency or high-throughput workloads
- Throughput Optimized HDD - Low cost HDD volume designed for frequently accessed, throughput-intensive workloads
- Cold HDD - Lowest cost HDD volume designed for less frequently accessed workloads
- Magnetic - Previous Generation. Can be a boot volume.
EC2 Lab Commands
sudo su [superuser access] yum update -y [update ec2 instance] uum install httpd -y [install apache server] service httpd start [start apache server] chkconfig httpd on [on ec2 restart server will auto restart] service httpd status [check apache server status] cd /var/www/html [change to server root directory] vim index.html [create basic web page index file]